Friday, April 18, 2014

Love Without Ownership


Crucify me on Easter Sunday if you must, but I believe there is something rather appealing about the concept of being able to do whatever/whoever you want without destroying your relationship, yet still electing to be loyal to each other.  In fact, I find it to be tremendously more passionate than the silly love stories in modern day movies, and considerably more romantic than Romeo and Juliet.  I will never quite understand how a story about nothing more than restrictions, secrets and ultimately death can be idolized by the masses.  In all fairness, I’m not oblivious to the fact that there will be plenty of people who won’t quite understand my philosophes; so I guess, maybe in the end it’s less about understanding one another and more about doing what our insides understand and not worrying about the rest of the mumbo jumbo.


1 comment:

  1. I remember as a child the moment that I questioned my belief was when I was standing in the church aisle and the money basket came to me. I didn't put a dollar in and I saw the disappointment on the faces of the people around me, as if was a bad person.

    I went home that night thinking to myself why people would look at me in that manner. It truly hurt me, I felt I was a bad person for not giving a dollar and I was always taught not to be a bad person. So it truly effected me. What 12 year child should feel that way in a place of godly worship?

    So I started to questioned religion.

    As I grew older I realized that just because I grew up in a Christian household didn't make my god/ faith valid and someone else that grew up in a Islamic- Buddhist-etc households god/faith invalid.

    Who am as a human to say someone else's god/ religion is not real?

    I don't even understand the rationalization of people that can point fingers and say your belief is not real. That's so egocentric it's beyond my understanding.

    If religion devalues other peoples belief isn't that breeding the idea of hate. I just don't get it.

    At the end We're just human, we don't have the power to understand how all this is made.
    All we can do is enjoy this lucky moment in this infinite world that was given to us.

    ReplyDelete